Monday, September 14, 2009

I ♥ Faces "Contemplative" Contest




I chose a recent photo of Delilah for the contest theme "contemplative" this week. We met her and held her for the first time on June 14 in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia. The past three months have been a time of tremendous change for all of us, but most especially for Delilah, barely 3 years old who has had to adapt to a whole new world. She has learned so many things and she has shared to many of her special gifts with us. This steady, contemplative gaze is one I see sometimes as she looks into my face, hoping to find what she needs there, as she tries to understand all that has befallen her. Even with so much to consider, Delilah is willing to wrap her arms around the world, with a heart that is true and a spirit that radiates love.




7 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

She is so pretty!

Niecey said...

gorgeous

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

What a beautiful daughter you have! Your description of her warms my heart. Lovely, absolutely lovely.

Yelena R. said...

So beautiful! What a great entry :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Shana Putnam said...

That is absolutely gorgeous and the story brought tears to my eyes trying to imagine being so little and all that she has been through. I will be praying for you both. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to check out my entry.

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What a gorgeous little girl!!

I cant help even 19 months later but to look into my daughters eyes and the tears start flowing!! Just to think of all she has been through in her short life. She is so happy and takes the world on with everything she has!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Beautiful!!