Friday, March 30, 2007

No News is No News


All our paperwork has been sent to our agency in Hawaii. They translated it and sent it to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles, CA, where it needs to be authenticated before it can be returned to Hawaii and then sent on to China.

To explain that more clearly..... our precious paperwork is sitting on a desk in California awaiting a red stamp on each page. Someone has the job of stamping it as authentic and returning it to our agency in Hawaii.

Apparently there is a backlog of adoption dossiers requiring this special stamp. Having some experience with rubber stamp art, I'm imagining that I could stamp hundreds, maybe thousands of pieces of paper a day. I'm wondering just how far behind this man can be? Okay, maybe he has other responsibilities........

What I'm getting around to is that today is the very last day our agency could have received our dossier back from the consulate and shipped it out to China, making us DTC (Dossier To China) in March. I have to accept the reality that we will be DTC in April. This isn't a big deal. It's just one of the ways that impatient adoptive parents measure their progress. And today I'm celebrating with all the families that made it into the March group and I'm secretly wishing the guy at the consulate would start stamping with both hands!!!!!!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Sherri~
Your site's beautiful; great job! Love the photos/intros of the kids, and very happy to see an updated photo of Camryn.
Normally the Consulate in L.A. takes 4 days to authenticate docs but with the rush by families to make the May 1st deadline, I'm thinking they may now have their own backlog. It'll happen. Hang in there.

Doug and Terrye said...

Dear Sherri,

I enjoyed getting to know your family as I read your blog. Camryn will be coming home to a precious place, full of love.

Terrye in FL